Runa is looking for a data junky, self-starter who wants to work in a fast-paced environment making an impact as a data engineer in our Data Analytics team by creating intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
Runa’s Data Engineer will be experienced in optimizing the data flow and data collection from multiple data sources within Runa. The ideal candidate will support software developers, data analysts, BI analysts and data scientists on various data initiatives.
The role will report to the Group Engineering Manager for Platform & Tools.
- Designing our data platform architecture. Create a design that allows big data to be accessed and analyzed across the organization. Develop, construct, test and maintain scalable data systems and pipelines for various ETL operations. Build API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity. Ensure the architect will support business requirements. Works closely with the business and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- Ensure data accuracy and flexibility. Implement and optimize processes and systems to monitor data quality.
- Ensure and improve reliability and efficiency. Invest in data pipeline maintenance. Monitor the overall reliability and performance of each part of a system. Implement processes and systems to ensure production data is always available for key stakeholders and business processes.
- Ensure data security and integrity. Place proper controls in place to restrict access and ensure data is being handled properly by authorized parties. Monitor data usage by tracking records indicating who is accessing what information, reviewing and analyzing this information to protect company data reserves.
- Troubleshoot data issues. Assist other areas in the resolution of data issues.
- Provide data-access tools and data related instances. Develop, customize and manage integration tools, databases, warehouses, and analytical systems. Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining and production. Set up tools to view data, generate reports, and create visuals.
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Big Data Analytics, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Knowledge of database systems
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java and Python)
- Experience with relational (ie. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (ie. MongoDB)
- Experience with AWS data services (RDS, S3, EC2, Redshift)
- Experience with big data tools (e.g. Hadoop, Spark) is a plus
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients
- Capacity to successfully manage a pipeline of duties with minimal supervision
- Project management experience
- Data engineering certification (e.g IBM Certified Data Engineer) is a plus