Who we are
Runa is changing the way people work in Latin America. The first step in that mission was to create an automated payroll product for the 17.5MM SMBs that rely on Excel. Moving forward, Runa will expand its product offering to include an ecosystem of financial services and benefits that will improve how companies operate and how employees work. With a recent valuation of $75MM, Runa is backed by Ribbit Capital, Salesforce Ventures, and Y-Combinator.
As Frontend Engineer, you will work on Agile, cross-functional squads to scope, design, and build scalable, performant, and secure web applications. You will code, create, and review pull requests daily. You will partner with Product Leads, and Delivery Leads in the planning and execution of Runa’s product roadmap focused on delivering continuous value in HR and payroll software areas.
Who you are
You work on Runa products with other developers to deliver secure, well-tested, and performant features that are easy to use. You work with peers on multidisciplinary teams including product managers, designers, backend engineers, and quality assurance engineers.
You have an understanding of the options and tools available for managing an application’s state. You are a passionate technologist with the discipline to work on moderately complex projects.
You have opinions about your favorite open source projects, or perhaps you have contributed to some or started one of your own.
- Develop features and improvements to Runa products in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Consistently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Help improve the overall experience of our product by improving the quality of the Front-end features both in your group and features that benefit other groups.
- Work with Product Management and other stakeholders (Backend, UX, etc.) to iterate on new features within the Runa HR products.
- Collaborate on building out Runa’s library of front-end reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience (10 years)
- 3+ years of experience working as a software engineer
- Ability to create clean, modern, testable, well-documented code
- English fluency, verbal and written
- Personality traits: Professional, problem solver, proactive, passionate, team player.
- Experience with Agile process, primarily Scrum
- Experience building and delivering customer-facing front-end web applications.
You’ll know this position is for you if
- You can hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid of challenges outside of it
- Thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- You are happy to receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- You are always learning - Whether you are learning to help your team and customer work through new concepts and technology
- You are astute, you know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- You are friendly - you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- You can work through ambiguity - you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
Why you should join Runa
- An environment with high autonomy where teams are responsible for solving customer and business problems the best way they can
- Solid and structured career leader with clear definitions of responsibilities for each title and role
- Your contribution will impact hundreds of business and thousands of users
- Recurrent performance review