Delivery Managers at Runa are delivery leaders. They utilize their strong talents in project management, delivering on projects from inception to completion. Additionally, they are process owners for the projects that they oversee. While focused on internal and external alignment and accountability for their teams and stakeholders, development managers focus on continuous improvement, helping and mentoring others while looking to continue strengthening their craft.
As a Delivery Manager on Runa’s payroll platform, you will lead teams that build, ship and run software serving hundreds of small businesses in Latin America. You will lead teams with agile development processes building services and user experiences. Your leadership and experience in delivery will directly impact Runa’s customers, stakeholders and employees.
You will partner with Stakeholders, Tech Leads, and the Head of Product in the planning and execution of Runa’s product roadmap, focused on delivering continuous value in the areas of HR and payroll software.
- Design and implement the team's project management process and tools (JIRA)
- Collaboratively create and execute the project plan, make progress visible
- Analyze and mitigate delivery risks, remove team and task blockers, eliminate or manage dependencies
- Lead team planning activities and processes (team chartering, project chartering, working agreements, standups, planning, retrospectives, reviews, etc.)
- Define and measure delivery KPIs for optimal team sustainability and efficiency
- Measure and manages team health and performance
- A Senior Delivery Manager is expected to assume responsibilities that would typically be handled by the stakeholder and product owner. These responsibilities include creating and maintaining the product backlog and keeping it groomed based on changing requirements.
- 3+ years of experience leading, spearheading, owning large-scale software and/or technical projects
- Strong experience with Agile frameworks, including Scrum, Kanban and/or SAFe
- Experience working with the Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Portfolio, Confluence)
- Experience working in a cross-functional team (ie. software engineers, visual designers, testers, and dev ops)
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal and public speaking communication skills
- Successful track record building and shipping software products through the entire life cycle, from inception to launch to maintenance and operations
- Experience working in a live services, SaaS environment, with 24/7 operations
- Experience chartering large projects across multiple teams
- Experience managing, tracking and improving team health
- SRE DM (P&T and SRE & Release) - Experience running data center and cloud projects, ITIL (IT Information Library) experience.
- SRE DM (P&T and SRE & Release) - Experience and working knowledge of cloud deployment using AW, Azure or GCP
- SRE DM (P&T and SRE & Release) - Experience maintaining SLAs and working knowledge of software development, operations terminology and processes.
- SRE DM (Core Services and P&T) - Experience working with UX, focus groups, A/B testing.
- History of leading remote and distributed teams
- Understanding of change management frameworks
- Strong experience and knowledge of both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Ability to mentor and coach other development managers in agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience working with Git version control software
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified in Scaled Agile
- PMP certification
- Coding experience to aid in aligning with developers, and estimation
- Knowledge about Mexico or Brazil payroll or government tax authorities