Sr. Engineers take ownership over a whole product (e.g. an entire application, or suite of services). In addition to delivering solid and maintainable software, they understand company dynamics and good process.
Senior engineers often wear an additional “tech lead” hat. This means they take on the (thankless) work of project management and process oversight. They keep the trains running on time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of programming experience.
- Programmed in Node.js (TypeScript), and preferably also in one of C# (.Net Core), Ruby (RoR)
- Broad experience designing, programming, and implementing large information systems.
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique complex technological issues.
- Management experience 3+ years.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
- Serve as a Technical Lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members.
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the existing content supply portfolio of applications and services.
- Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the Software stack.
- Determine root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions.
- Remain current on new technologies; evaluate and make recommendations as necessary.
- Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling, and staffing.
- Mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities.
- Determine process improvements, best practices, and develop new processes.
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management.