We are looking for a Payroll Specialist that is knowledgeable about Mexican payroll practice and passionate about helping Runa build our Payroll product as a first step in revolutionizing the way people work. As Payroll Specialist you will ensure that our team understands the common practices by translating these to clear examples that our development team can understand. Additionally, you will help support our Customer team to identify customer issues and requirements, and help provide solutions to these.
- Ensure Runa is always compliance with local regulations regarding Payroll and we are up to date with any regulatory changes (e.g. LFT, local laws, etc). If needed, scope out the new requirements and establish examples so updates can be made accordingly.
- Work closely with the Product team in scoping the product requirements for different processes in Mexico, including payroll calculation, payroll process, and Mexican tax registrations and payments (IMSS, SUA, SIPARE, ISN, ISR).
- Evaluate the impact an adjustment in our calculation methodology can have in the overall payroll process
- Stay up to date with payroll trends, market tendencies, changes in payroll reforms and our competitive advantage in the market.
- Generate payroll simulators and examples for other areas as needed.
- Support our Customer team on technical customer requests that require payroll expertise.
- Participate in payroll assessment regarding calculation of settlements, PTU, Christmas bonus, and annual adjustment, as well as other special calculations for clients.
- Support the Marketing team in content creation initiatives related to payroll, including participating in webinars.
- Collaborate with different departments, especially HR, in providing company-wide payroll training for our team.
- 3+ years of Payroll experience
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in business or accounting preferred
- Deep knowledge of Mexican laws (LFT, LISR, IMSS)
- Knowledge of procedures and processes in institutions (SAT, IMSS, SUA, SIPARE, ISN, ISR, INFONAVIT, etc)
- Knowledge and experience with advance payroll calculations, including settlements, PTU, Christmas bonus, and annual adjustment
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of individuals, both within and outside of the Company
- Being able to coordinate with multiple stakeholders for the Company
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective time management skills
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Professional in appearance, presentation and demeanor
- Able to communicate effectively in English